Little Sunshine nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much! I hope that everyone will visit her blog. It is a beautiful compilation of travel stories, delicious recipes, some fashion advise, and great fitness and health tips for those of us in need of a great example on how to get there! https://1617sunshineave.wordpress.com
Here are the the Sunshine Blogger Award rules!
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions.
Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:
- What do you do to stay fit? I walk a minimum of 3 miles most days, and want to get back to doing Pilates regularly and explore yoga.
- What´s your favorite food? South Indian cuisine served with homemade gunpowder and lemon pickle.
- What do you do to recharge after a stressful day/week? Relax on the swing outside and watch the birds in the forest behind us. During the winter, I watch them through the windows.
- What´s the goal of your blog? My goal is to keep the blogging fun and stress free, as well as sharing stories about my travels and cooking using photography and writing.
- Tell us your one bad habit? I am a very talented procrastinator!
- What is your favorite season? Spring, because I love to watch the garden come alive!
- Name your three favorite movies. I love the movie “Wild” (also the book), “Pulp Fiction” and “How to cook your live”.
- Early bird or late owl? I am definitely a night owl.
- What´s your favorite quote? “Always tell the truth! There is less to remember!”
- How do you stay organized when there is a lot to do? I try to have a general plan to help me stay on track. Not always easy, as I am prone to getting distracted.
- Do you have a favorite piece of clothing? I have some worn-out old t-shirts I still wear around the house and doing yard work. which remind me of where in the world I wore them!
Here are my nominees:
- Here is a cool blog I discovered this morning. Two sisters, one vegan, one a meat eater share this blog. It’s filled with great recipes! I love the way they interpret recipes both ways! So click and see what these sisters are cooking and baking today! http://baconandbrussels.com
- Trudy’s http://www.rendezvousennewyork.com blog is a fantastic resource for anyone heading to the Big Apple, or just wanting to take a look at what’s happening there. Concerts, parks, exhibits, food … Go see for yourself!
- A fairly new-to-me blog, the http://acookingpotandtwistedtales.com written by Jaqueline. There are many wonderful topics this wordsmith covers.
- One of my very first followers, Patricia at https://vagabonvelda.wordpress.com posts about medicinal plants used in making essential oils, her crochet patterns and her adorable golden retriever Strawberry!
- Another one of my favorite blogs is https://spencesgirl.wordpress.com. Since retiring, she is keeping busy with traveling, cooking, snuggling her cats and making some impressive bath salts and bath bombs!
- Not too long ago, I discovered http://www.justmeplease.com , where Lee-Anne showcases travel destinations. She has been to soooo many places, my hat’s off to her! Go check it out and get inspired to see the world!
- Another blog I enjoy is the versatile https://susieshy45.wordpress.com. In it, she covers life with a great sense of humor, especially in her post about roundabouts!
- If you enjoy writing, reading and great coffee like Abbie-Lu, stop by her blog http://abbielu.com for some good reads. I love the lay-out and content of this beautiful blog.
- Aspiring children’s author Cindy shares her book ideas, writing, tips on writing and helpful links at https://awritinglifeforme.wordpress.com .
- + 11. Last but not least, I nominate the “twin bloggers” at Poppies and Popcorn! Joyce and Diane both post on this blog. I love the name of this blog, and the photograph on their homepage! I hope you’ll take a moment to visit and take a look around at http://poppiesandpopcorn.com.
Finally, here are my questions for those who choose to participate! If you don’t, that’s okay too!
- Dream vacation! Where would you go?
- Which book are you reading at the moment?
- Who is your favorite poet?
- What is your favorite time of day to write for your blog?
- Do you have any pets and what kind?
- How many and which languages do you speak?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- What type of music do you like?
- Which fruit do you enjoy eating the most?
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Thank you again, Little Sunshine! I look forward to exploring your blog in greater detail.
Happy Blogging to all, Sabine