Being nominated for an award by fellow bloggers is always nice and appreciated! It also gives me a chance to acknowledge other bloggers for all the time, effort and love they invest in this part of their lives. These blogs let me discover new-to-me topics, books music, recipes and of course travel destinations!
Thank you Susie at https://susieshy45.wordpress.com/2015/12/31/spirit-animal-blog-award/ for nominating me for the Spirit Animal Blogger Award!. Be sure to check out this blog, as she writes about a variety of life topics, and even reviews books.
Many blogs are “award-free zones”. Sometimes I nominate someone anyway, because I really like what they do! So if you are nominated and don’t do awards, it’s okay to decline! I am just letting you know that I love reading your blog!
If you choose to accept the nomination, all you have to do is add the award picture to your blog, give a short description of who you are and what your blog means to you! Then nominate 10 bloggers and let them know you nominated them.
So without further ado, here are my answers to Susie’s questions:
Who am I, what does my blog mean to me, and what animal would I want to be:
I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest of the US, love to travel near and far, read, cook, photograph, spend time in nature, hike and garden. Blogging has given me a opportunity to share some of my photography and writing with like-minded people around the globe!
In 2015, a poem I wrote was selected and published in an anthology for writers over 50. This was the second one! Needless to say, I was extremely excited to see some of my writing in print!
I grew up near the Black Forest in Germany, and speak both German and English, as well as some French and Spanish. I own too many books, especially cookbooks, and am an avid bird watcher. Having an “empty nest” has given us the freedom to see more of the world.
If I were an animal, I would want to be a hummingbird! They are amazing arial acrobats and get to visit all the beautiful flower gardens!
Here are my nominees:
- Marlene, a most treasured friend of mine at https://insearchofitall.wordpress.com
- LuAnne, whose writing I love at https://intentionalinterplay.wordpress.com
- Life as an expat I can identify with at https://wanderingonblog.wordpress.com
- For inspiration to take care of body and mind visit this gem at https://1617sunshineave.wordpress.com
- Barbara writes great posts about her world travels on her http://bluegingerclub.com blog.
- Check out this blog by a young woman from Japan about her travels and life dreams! http://thejapanesetraveler.com
- If you like cats, cooking and making your own bath salts, visit https://spencesgirl.wordpress.com
- Visit Be Kitschig for some Schlager Sunday and life down under at https://bekitschig.wordpress.com
There are many more blogs I love to read, many more waiting to be discovered by me, and many more adventures waiting to be documented by Incahootswithmuddyboots!
Thank you again, Sabine