I was quite surprised yesterday to have been nominated by https://vagabonvelda.wordpress.com/blog/ for the Liebster Award. I accepted her nomination, and while I was trying to figure out how to complete the requirements for this, I received two more nominations for this award. These nominations came by way of https://thesething.wordpress.com/home-3/ and from http://dawnengler.com/2015/03/20/liebster-award-nomination/ Being fairly new to blogging, I feel humbled to receive this honor and happy that so many of you have responded in a positive way to my posts. Thank you to you all!
However, in order to simplify this, I am combining the three nominations into one response. I chose to answer a few of each persons questions and here are my answers:
1. What is the best time of day for you? My favorite time of day is the late evening, I often seem to catch a second wind.
2. Of everything on this planet what drives you bonkers? Red-light runners.
3. What is your favorite pastime? I love growing food and flowers and then create tasty dishes and bouquets for friends.
4. What type of music do you prefer? I like most music except for twangy country music and metal.
5. I HOP or Wafflehouse? Why? Neither! Here in Portland we have Bob’s Red Mill. They have both great pancakes and waffles and are local and employee owned.
6. Have you heard of the Iditarod? Yes. I hope to someday go and watch it.
7. Favorite food is? A South Indian Feast. I usually make lemon rice, a sambar, papadums, yoghurt with fresh mango and spices, a cucumber veggie salad with sizzled curry leaves and spices, homemade lemon pickle, a tomato chutney and a vegetable seasoned with curry leaves and coconut. In the summer, I sometimes make idli as well.
8. Are you an introvert or extrovert? I used to be more extroverted, but now I am introverted.
9. If you were an animal what would you be and why? I’d be a hummingbird. Flitting from flower to flower and sipping nectar appeals to me.
10.Tell me one thing that you love about yourself? I love that I am generally a very positive person.
11.Why do you blog? Blogging gives me an opportunity to share my travel adventures, kitchen creations, gardening successes and thoughts on life.
There are several rules by which I by being nominated and you by being nominated must do in order to accept the Liebster Award:
1. Link the person who nominated you (that’s me) to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers (11) for the award that have fewer than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the 11 blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award followed by the 11 questions that I made up for you all to answer!
And here are my questions for you:
1. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. Where would you like your next vacation to be?
4. Who is your favorite author and why?
5. Do you speak any foreign languages? If yes, which ones?
6. What do you like best about yourself?
7. Favorite color?
8. Favorite fruit?
9. Are you an “early bird”?
10. What inspires you to write?
11. Why did you start blogging?
Thank you again for the nomination. I hope you will enjoy participating as well.