A few weeks ago, Carol at http://knitequalsjoy.com nominated me for the Liebster Award. I am happy to accept this nomination, albeit a bit late. I hope you check out her blog, it is very inspiring to see, what pieces of wearable art she designs and creates. Thank you Carol for your kind words about my blog and photographs. I feel honored!
Here are the rules:
Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
My answers to Carol’s questions:
- Are you a crafter or an artist? What’s your poison? I consider myself both! My poison is photography, especially when traveling.
- What is my favorite color combination? I love purple combined with various shades of blue.
- How did you get into your passion? After finishing school in Germany, I wanted to become a florist. The only apprentice ship position I could get however, was in photography. Now I combine my love of plants with photography. How lucky is that!
- What is a random fact about you that would surprise others? One of my favorite TV shows ever is “Dexter”.
- Why did you start blogging? Friends encouraged me to share some of my kitchen adventures and recipes.
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written? That’s a difficult question to answer! But I’ll have to go with Obrigado Lisboa, because it brings back some wonderful memories of our time there, especially when listening to Amália Rodrigues.
- If you could only read one blog, which one would you choose? Another difficult question, because there are many blogs I love! However, if you twist my arm and kick me in the shin, I’d answer “Through Lola’s Prism”. She writes some of the most wonderful poetry ever!
- Roller coasters! For or against? For!!!
- Favorite beverage? Depends on the time of day! In the morning, a cup of coffee made in my French press. In the evening, a glass of a nice Pinot Noir or perhaps a “Pliny”.
- If money were no issue, where would you like to travel? I would visit the Galapagos and Easter Islands.
- Pets? No personal pets at this time, but I am an avid birdwatcher and feed my feathered friends who visit our garden.
To simplify the Liebster Award a bit, I took the liberty to answer all of Carol’s questions and nominate the following five bloggers for this award!
- Jolandi Steven at http://dreaminginarabic.wordpress.com . She has lived all over the globe and writes about life in the UAE with great insight and understanding.
- Kay at http://skybluedaze.wordpress.com has a wonderful variety of topics covered on her blog. Check out her travel stories from Transylvania!
- Missy, whom I first met in a local “in person” writing class, has a fabulous new blog worth checking out. She is one of my favorite writers/poets. Here is the link: http://thymeandeverythingelse.wordpress.com .
- Then there is Spence’s girl, at where else but http://spencesgirl.wordpress.com . She writes a little about everything, including her cats Biscotti and Tipper! I always enjoy reading about her adventures in retirement.
- Last but not least, the blog I couldn’t live without is “Through Lola’s Prism”. Her poetry is simply marvelous! Her eloquence of the English language is incredible. Please visit her blog at https://veracitymama.wordpress.com and see for yourself.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
- Your favorite book?
- Your favorite movie?
- Your dream vacation?
- Your favorite flower?
- IOS or Android?
- Which languages do you speak?
- Coffee or tea?
- Favorite color?
- If you were reincarnated as an animal, which one would you choose?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What is your favorite breakfast?
And now I would like to pass along the torch!
Thank you. Vielen Dank. Muchas gracias. Merci beaucoup. Sabine