Thank you Velda, for nominating me for the Infinity Dreams Award! I am humbled!
I first “met” Velda in one of the WordPress Blogging University classes earlier this year. The assignment was to create a photo display, and try out a new style. Velda had created a beautiful slideshow, featuring her dog Strawberry. I had no idea how to do that! I was truly a blogging newbie! She gave me some tips, and sure enough, I learned how to do it. As I checked out her blog further, I came to really appreciate all the fascinating tips on herbs, natural remedies and the amazing crochet projects she does! Please check out her blog, it is wonderful! https://vagabonvelda.wordpress.com/blog/
For this award the rules are:
Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Questions Velds asked me:
- Is your glass empty, half full or overflowing? Overflowing! I feel lucky to have a good life.
- If you could be a plant what would you be? A sunflower: tall, strong, always looking towards the sun and then nourish birds at the end of the season.
- What is you favorite animal? A hummingbird. Inquisitive, loves flowers, quick and beautiful.
- Is there a movie you just can’t get enough of, what is it? Yes!! A documentary by Doris Dörrie. It’s titled “How to cook your Life”. In it, she delves into the life of Edward Espe-Brown, a Zen priest, and how he combines his love of cooking with etching Zen Buddhism. I have probably watched it at least 40 times, often early Sunday morning with my cup of coffee.
- What is the best surprise anyone has ever given you? A trip to the Iceland Airwaves Festival for my birthday a few years ago, where we got to see Sigur Ros in concert. Thank you ZD McGee!
- Do you even like surprises? Good surprises yes. The others, not so much.
- What made you start blogging? Friends encouraged me to share my cooking adventures and recipes along with travel stories.
- If you could do what ever you wanted what would that be? I would travel around the world, and stop in all the places on my “I would love to explore that place” list. And reading all the wonderful travel blogs, it keeps getting longer and longer!
- Where is your favorite Eco system ie: mountains, ocean, desert……? The ocean!
- Who is your favorite actor or actress of all time? Robert Redford and Meryl Streep.
- If you could go to another planet would you? The Milky Way! Not a planet, but I would love to leap from star to star.
Here are eleven facts about me:
- I became a vegetarian 35 years ago.
- I don’t have a middle name.
- I am an optimist!
- I love the local library!!
- Sometimes I binge-watch Netflix.
- I hate being lied to.
- I prefer writing posts using my desktop.
- I am an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction.
- I have way too many cookbooks!
- My favorite food to cook and eat is South Indian cuisine.
- Some of my writing just got accepted to be published in the Oasis Journal 2015 for the second consecutive year. This is an anthology of poems, fiction, non-fiction and essays by writers over 50.
And here are my nominations for The Infinity Dreams Award:
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- Which languages do you speak?
- Do you have a favorite author?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- Do you like to garden?
- What is your favorite time in the day to write for your blog?
- What is your favorite kind of tree?
- Do you visit your local library?
- “Old fashioned” books or e-reader?
- What style music do you enjoy listening to?
- Which season do you enjoy the most?
Thank you for reading, and hopefully participating in this. There is no deadline to accept or post a reply. For me, the best part about this all is recognizing other bloggers, who put a lot of effort and thought into writing about subjects which matter to me. One of my blogging goals is to keep it fun, continue to enjoy discovering “new-to-me” blogs and to not get stressed out about it!
I appreciate everyone who visits and reads my blog and also comments. Thank you so much, Sabine